Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wheeeee!

Yesterday was so much fun! We left the town with the fun name, Eureka, and mommy said we were looking for a lost coast or a lost highway, or something. We passed Ferndale and it rung a bell for mommy, so we turned around and found an old Victorian village. 


Then we did a bunch of uturns to find an unmarked road. No wonder they call it the lost highway! Not far in, we found a sign that made mommy giggle.


She read it to me, and it made me giggle too! 

Daddy kept stopping to check in with mommy. The road was so bumpy, it made me feel like I was in a blender! Mommy said she was fine, so we kept going and going, until I saw the prettiest view I've ever seen!


And it just kept getting prettier!


See that road winding down to the beach? Mommy said that's where we were going. Wheeee!!!

When we got to the beach, mommy let me sit and feel the breeze in my fur. I looked at the water and the hills and the cows.  


There were only a few cars and motorcycles out that way. Mommy and daddy were getting hungry, and all of a sudden, a resturaunt appeared! I think mommy has magic. It was called the Yellow Rose, and mommy taught me a new song.


I thought the fun might be ending, but we were just halfway! We got to see lots more farms and a little school, and then we entered a redwood forest. Dun dun dun! (Mommy says I have to see The Croods since I said that.)

Mommy let me drive for a minute in the parking lot. It was fun!



The trees were Sooooooooo tall, and so close to the motorcycles, I could touch them! Mommy let me get off and play under one... It was so big I couldn't climb it.


We drove and drove through the magical trees, and then got back on the big curvy roads. It was really pretty, but so smooth it rocked me right to sleep.

Our next stop was another beach! We met a nice guy named Patrick and his dog, who told us where the good beach was. It was an adventure hike for sure!


This beach was made of glass and pebbles. Daddy thought it would be fun to bury me in it!


There were some nice ladies that got a picture of all three of us!



It was warm and smooth on my bottom. Then daddy and I sat on a log while mommy took lots of pictures.



Then off to Point Arena, where we stayed at the Warfmasters Inn. We ate at the chowder house. Yummy!


Then they tucked me in next to the fire and went to bed. I was too tired to ask what we are doing tomorrow. 


Bye!










No comments:

Post a Comment