Saturday, May 24, 2014

The guacamonkey...

Yesterday morning, while mommy and daddy had breakfast with grandma and grandpa, I went back and jumped on the big, round bed! Then it was time to go! We zoomed off on our motorcycles. 

We stopped at a bakery in Santa Cruz.


Daddy introduced me to his favorite pie: Strawberry Rhubarb!


It was yummy!

We met a nice guy named Ryan who was riding a KTM.  He asked us about our trip, and told us some cool California adventure places. Mommy and daddy got our their phones and excitedly started looking at maps! They want to see all the places!

When we got back on the bikes, Mommy said that was a good second breakfast, but she'd need lunch soon. We went to Monterey and found a motorcycle and car racing resturaunt!!


I got to race a car!


Then I ordered a big bowl of guacamole for lunch. Daddy called me a guac-a-monkey. 

Back on the road, and finally back to the fun driving! We stopped for pictures at a pretty beach cliff. I held on tight to daddy while mommy took the picture.


Then on the road to Big Sur! There's a famous bridge there that Daddy told me a story about. It's called Bixby Bridge. 


Mommy and daddy were happy to be there, and also excited to get back on the road, because it looked like this!


Mountain roads are fun! But I learned about mustangs yesterday. I guess they are not very fast in corners. We crept along in a parade of cars at three miles an hour, and that parade was led by a mustang. I thought they'd be fast, given their name and all. Then, on the straight sections where mommy wanted to pass, the mustang went about 100 miles an hour! Mommy doesn't go 100 miles an hour, so we did another set of curves at three miles an hour. Finally, the mustang spotted a pretty mare, and got off our road. Wheeeeee!

We took a potty break at this cute rest stop!


I want to go to that school! We saw a school bus on the windy road... I imagined my life if I went to school there and could ride that bus every day. I fell asleep. I dreamt of jumping school busses over cliffs and flying. When I woke up, it was sunny and we were looking at a palm tree! 


Mommy found a hotel with an awesome hot tub!


I stayed home and watched over the gear while Mommy and Daddy got pizza. Really good pizza. They brought me back three pieces. I had a full tummy! So I went to sleep.

Today I hear some talk about a famous rock shop and a really curvy road. We'll see what all that means!

Bye!













No comments:

Post a Comment