Sunday, May 25, 2014

Snakes, birds, and burgers!

Yesterday was soooo exciting! We left Pismo Beach, and stopped in Los Alamos for gas. I looked up Los Alamos. The hills nearby are famous because the housed a bandito named Solomon Pico, but you probably know him as Zorro. 


Then we were back on the road, and there were fields and fields and farmers and farmers. I fell asleep as the land rolled by until Lunch!

I love Lunch! We went to In and Out Burger, famous in Southern California. 



When we posted it on Facebook, a million people told us things to try, but we all shared a double cheeseburger, fries, and pop. 

I got to sit on Mommy's motorcycle and slurp down soda pop. I was a happy monkey!


Back to highway 1, there were some pretty beaches and some towns, before we cut east onto Mullholland Highway. 

Mullholland Drive is famous for a section known as the Snake!  It has 21 turns in a very short space. First I rode it with mommy. We went slow and easy. Mommy took pictures leading up to the snake, from the west.


 

See the curve behind me? 21 of those in a row, coming up!

Wheeee!

Then, we stopped at The Rock Store. This is Mommy and me pulling in.



It is FAMOUS! It's a little store in the canyons, with a resturaunt and a few tshirts. The owners are the nicest people. They gave us a tour and took our picture! 




I got to play in the tree that Steve McQueen used to lean his bike against. 


They made a motorcycle wash spot out of it!

Inside the rock store, there are pictures of lots of famous people everywhere!


This one was my favorite. 




Then, Daddy took Mommy's bike and me back out on the Snake! It was ohsofast!!!!!!! 





I also met the nicest little boy named Johnny. He's the owners grandson.


He knows how to sit on motorcycles and what they say and how to wave at pretty ladies! He's growing up to be a fine young man.


We drove away the way he came, past the cameras at the top of the snake, back through the curves, and down to Malibu. Mommy and Daddy thought we should play on the beach a bit.


This was Daddy's idea, again. This time there was sand in my toes and in my nose! It was tickly!

We ran on the beach and Daddy tossed me high in the air!



Then we got back on the bikes.  After a while, we drove past a place with the BIGGEST birds I'd ever seen. And the loudest! Mommy said they were airplanes, and lots of people sit on them to go places. I asked if monkeys could go, and she said yes, someday I could go on an airplane. I fell asleep and dreamed of flying on a big giant bird.

When I woke up, we were back at the beach, and turning into a hotel parking lot. Mommy and Daddy got me my own bed. 


I went right back to sleep. This morning, Mommy and Daddy let me watch the Indianapolis 500 during breakfast. 


Bye!






























No comments:

Post a Comment